Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Ginger Shandy...WoHoo!

A few days ago I added my Hawaiian Ginger Syrup to a glass of Heineken Lite.  I personally don't like lite beers so I wasn't afraid to mess around with the Heineken Lite.  Now Negro Modello I wouldn't have touched!  Anyway,  Wow!  It was good.  Tasted like a really fresh ginger beer.  Someone just told me that English mix 7-Up with beer (usually a lager) and call it a Shandy.   I looked Shandy up on Wikipedia and hey, the whole world does shandy.

 "A shandy, or shandygaff, is beer mixed with citrus-flavored soda, carbonated lemonade, ginger beer, ginger ale, or cider. The proportions of the two ingredients are adjusted to taste, normally half-and-half. There are also non-alcoholic shandies known as "rock shandies"."

Check out that different countries and their version of the shandy.
In Japan, Shandygaff, is a mixture of beer and cola or ginger ale.  

Recipe:  Equal parts light (but tasty) beer with Pacifikool Ginger Ale.   Let me know your results.  Recipes and pics welcome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment